The U.P.Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad, was established under Act No. 10/1999 passed by U.P.Legislature and assented to by the Governer of U.P. on March 24, 1999. It is named after Bharat Ratna Rajarshi Purusottam Das Tandon ji, an illustrious son of Mother India. The University plans to provide access to higher education for large segments of population and, in particular, disadvantaged groups such as those living in remote and rural areas including working people, homemakers and other adults who wish to upgrade or acquire knowledge through studies. It will also make efforts to promote acquisition of knowledge in a rapidly developing and changing society and continually offer opportunity for upgrading knowledge, training and skills in the context or innovations, research and discovery in all fields of human endeavor.
- The University shall promote dissemination of learning and knowledge through distance education system to a large segment of the population and shall, in organizing its activities, have due regard to the objects specified in the schedule.
- The University shall Endeavour through education, research, training and extension to play a positive role in the development of the state, and, based on the rich heritage of the state, to promote and advance culture of the people of India and its human resources and towards this end, it shall .
- Provide access to higher education for large segment of the population, and in particular, the disadvantaged groups such as those living in remote and rural areas including working people, house-wives and other adults who wish to upgrade or acquire knowledge through studies in various fields.
- Promote acquisition of knowledge in a rapidly developing and changing society and continually offer opportunity for upgrading knowledge, training and skills in the context of innovations, research and discovery in all fields of human endeavors.
- Provide an innovative system of university level education, flexible and open, in regard to methods and pace of learning, combination of courses, eligibility for enrolment, age of entry, conduct of examination and operation of programs with a view to promote learning and encourage excellence in new fields of knowledge.
- Contribute to the improvement of the educational system by providing a non-formal channel complementary to the formal system, by encouraging transfer of credits and exchange of teaching staff and by making wide use of texts and other software developed by the University.
- Provide education and training in various arts, crafts and skills of the country in general and the state in particular and simultaneously insure raising their quality and improving their availability to the people.
- Provide or arrange training of teachers required for such activities or institutions.
- Provide suitable Post-Graduate courses of study and promote research.
ADMISSION OPEN (SESSION -2021)
Sri Krishna Dutt Academy
DEGEE & TEACHER TRAINING COLLEGE
AUTHORISED STUDY CENTER - CODE- S-1722
- Post Graduate Courses
- Under Graduate Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Certificate Courses
For More Details
Call on- 7080111596, 7754805222
Address- 2D/HS-1, Vrindavan Yojna ,Raebareli Road, Lucknow